Monday, January 12, 2009

My New Favorite Scarf


One Zero is a thick and thin, chunky wool by Colinette in many beautiful colorways. I purchased two skeins from River Colors in Lakewood, Ohio (where I teach) and have finally found the perfect stitch for this yarn. I am so excited to share this with all my fellow knitters. Like the marriage of tomatoes and basil, the use of YO, K2tog with One Zero was made in heaven. This stitch has a natural bias causing the scarf to curl into a gentle swirl at each end. Let me know what you think.




My New Favorite Scarf
by Karen Lynn Wiebusch (JaneJetson on Rav)

Size: 5.25 inches wide x 65+ inches long, or desired length.
Yarn: 2 skeins Colinette One Zero.
Needles: US size 10, (yarn was splitting until I switched to bamboo needles).
Gauge: approx. 4.2 st. / inch in the pattern stitch.

Directions:
Cast on 22 sts. (or any even number to get the width you desire)
All rows: *YO, K2tog* rpt to end of row. (DON'T FORGET ANY YO'S! Especially the one at the beginning of every row.)
Bind off at desired length.

Yes, that's all there is. Oh, one more thing: It's reversible!

2 comments:

Terri Lynn said...

This is beautiful with such simple elegance! I will certainly have to try this!

Blair said...

Hi,
I just wanted to thank you for blogging about this. I'm on my second scarf using this wonderfully simple pattern. I just love the way it showcases thick and thin singles!